[Matroska-general] [Fwd: pm copy]

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Dec 9 09:00:04 CET 2004

Hey,

> Here a PM from Doom9 to me why i got striked two more times, to finally
> get rid of me there. Maybe not nice of me to post that to a public ML,
> but they arent nice with us either, so i stand behind doing it.

Again we disagree about this whole issue. We've had our discussion
before when both you and Steve had some flame war on d9, and I haven't
changed my mind since.

You're hurting us.

I strongly disagree with how you handle Koepi. And I even dislike how
you treat bond. Ok, he has posted about MP4 in a Matroska thread. So PM
him and ask him to stop. Or PM another mod. Or doom9 personally. But no,
you go off turning yet another thread into a full-blown war. Great. How
does that make us look? If such actions (saying "don't post about x in a
y thread!" and still posting about x in a y thread) make a moderator
look foolish/bad then your actions make us look like a bunch of immature
children.

I know that Steve will argue that you have to fight oppression. You
do. But only where it counts/matters. And it doesn't on doom9. Doom9's
forums are a very, very good and important place for us to tell users
about what Matroska can do, about where it is heading, about new
features etc. If not for doom9 Matroska would probably be not NEARLY as
successful as it is today.

Publicy insulting people does not make us right either.

Geez, I am seriously disappointed.

Mosu