[Matroska-general] DVI/HDCP/HDMI

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Wed Dec 8 15:39:58 CET 2004

This post I guess didn't take the first time?

A nice simple read on these technologies and how they differ.
http://www.sigmadesigns.com/support/DVI_HDMI.htm

I particularly like this comment at the end, "Including HDCP within the MPEG
decoder has the advantage that unencrypted content is not available on the
MPEG-DVI/HDMI interface."  And then with the diagram it becomes obvious that
if someone includes the encrypter in the DVI transmitter chip, you could
probably just swap out the chip with one that doesn't support the encryption
methods.

Atamido