[Matroska-general] Re: Minutes of the IRC meeting about the new matroska packs - 9th august 2004

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Tue Aug 10 08:30:22 CEST 2004

"Christian HJ Wiesner" wrote...
> The goal is to make the next packs, numbered 1.1.0, based on Haali's splitter.
His splitter is using a new parser library written in C,

I'm afraid I don't follow the reasoning here.  Why do you want to create a new
splitter?  I understand that Gabest (rest his soul) can no longer maintain his
Matroska splitter, but Toff seems to be doing a good job with modifications to
it.  Not that I care, but it does seem like a lot of extra work. If anything, I
would think that you would want to make a new filter based on libmatroska.  Not
that I care, but it does seem like a lot of extra work.

Atamido