[Matroska-general] Where do we go from here ?

Cyrius suiryc at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 11:57:20 CEST 2004

--- Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote:
> Cyrius wrote:
> > My personal interests right now are rather limited:
> >   - new x-platform video encoder (which includes everything related
> > that, such as investigating gstreamer, etc)
> >
> > Oh, I also want to finish to rewrite my old OGM tools (it's already
> > quite advanced now), but I guess you don't care about that part ;)
>
> I care that you waste your precious time ;)

Oh my, did I say encoder ? I meant editor (which includes encoding of
course :p) :)

About OGM: I don't like OGM that much (pain in the a** to edit ... I
love granulepos yay \o/), I didn't started to rewrite my tools in a
"support OGM" aim. I spent most of my time learning on threads etc, and
then on making some generic classes to use I/O, threads, etc for Win32
and POSIX. Of course you find similar things on many systems (glib,
wxWidget, ...) so it wasn't meant to become a famous lib :p, but mainly
for me to do some real x-platform development using abstraction layers.
This way I don't feel like I wasted my time ;)