[Matroska-general] Advertising for new developers on various webboards

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Fri Apr 16 14:29:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

i am asking your opinion about asking new developers to join the team on
a couple of webforums.

Main tasks to look at are :

- menue system implementation ( following robux4's specs, in a first
step DVD menue conversion to MKV menue )
- USF muxer, outputting a .mks stream for muxing with mkvmerge ( dont
know unmei's status on that - maybe he will do it )
- a codec download server plugin from the shell extension ( my dream ;-) )
- an official mkvextract and mkvinfo GUI

All these tasks can be given to devs who dont have an indeep idea about
matroska IMO, other than the rest of the missing items like

- control tracks
- native MPEG4
- MPC implementation
etc.

What you all think ?

To make this clear, i would ask Doom9 first what he thinks about that,
if he doesnt like it we can go to other places and leave Doom9 out, to
avoid further trouble   ;-) ...