[Matroska-general] Next steps for matroska - where do we go from now ??

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Sep 9 15:51:34 CEST 2003

Liisachan wrote:

> Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:
>
>> 2. Image subtitles, compressed and uncompressed
>
> This shoud be a long-wated feature :)

:) .. thats what i think also !

>> 3. FLAC / Wavpack ( lossless audio ) support
>
> Any eta for MusePack support? Many people would be happy with .mpc in
> Matroska, i think
>
> *Liisachan*

According to Frank Klemm, the main musepack developer, we should not try
to implement MPC SV7 into MKV. Unfortunately progress on SV8 seems to
have come to a halt :( . No idea how to handle this wicked situation
now. We certainly dont want to act against Frank's advice, but we want
MPC in MKV so very badly ....