[Matroska-general] matroska excluded from Gordian Knot 0.29 Alpha

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Oct 20 18:43:41 CEST 2003

Hi guys,

just so you know, Toni 'len0x' , the main developer of the Gordian Knot,
has informed me that he will not add MKV support in the upcoming public
alpha release of Gordian Knot, because there is still no working
overhead formula / code he could use. The release is due in about 5
days, and we are invited to give him anything of value until then.

I guess i dont need to tell you all how important this would have been
for us. I was recommending to him to simply use the AVI overhead
calculation, as both are close in most cases and MKV is always a little
bit smaller ( of course, only when the AVI is muxed with Virtualdub, not
with AVImux-GUI ;-) ) .... he said he will consider to do that, but
didnt give me any confirmation if its possible.

If anybody has a good idea how we can solve this problem, please shout
LOUD !