[Matroska-general] Re: your software on our CD

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Nov 20 22:50:43 CET 2003

Anja Smeilus wrote:

>URGENT PRESS-REQUEST--
>GERMAN TRANSLATION FOLLOWS
>DEUTSCHE UEBERSETZUNG FOLGT
>
>Dear Madam or Sir,
>
>PC-WELT would like to put the free-/ shareware-/ demo- or trial-version of
>
>Virtual Dub 1.5.9 (stable) & Virtual Dub Mod 1.5.4.1
>
>on CD. It will be distributed with the next possible issue of PC-
>WELT. If you agree and if the software is free of any third party's
>rights please confirm this by sending us a short e-mail to:
>agree at pcwelt.de

Hi Anja,

we herewith give allowance to distribute VirtualdubMod with your CDs.
Please note that

- there will be a new release soon, implementing most of the features of
Virtualdub 1.5.9 in VirtualdubMod, plus a lot of bug fixes. If you can
tell us when you need the binaries for implementation into the CD, we
can tell you if the release will be before that date. or even send you a
pre-release binary.

- VirtualdubMod does support to create not only AVI files like
Virtualdub, but also can export into the new, opensource container
standard 'matroska' . As a standard Windows installation doesnt come
with the right playback filters for this new, powerful container format,
we recommend to include the matroska 'full' pack from
http://packs.matroska.org into your CD also, so people can playback
matroska movies they made with VirtualdubMod. I am project administrator
for the matroska project also, and thus can give you allowance for that
as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you about the release date

Christian Wiesner
matroska and VirtualdubMod project administrator

P.S. Grüsse aus Bayern ;-) ...