[Matroska-general] Re: Aspect Ratio

Pamel paul at msn.com
Tue Nov 18 23:20:43 CET 2003

"Frank Erdmann"  wrote...
> I resized a clip to 512x272 and set the aspect ratio flag to 16/9 in
> mkvmerge. I expected the movie to become resized to 576x272 but I go
> 512x272 => 512x286 which is  1,78:1.

Most people prefer an image that is resized horizontaly.  So if you original is
512x304, then you would set the AR res to 540x304 to get 16:9.  It would be
strange, but I guess that you could have a disproportioned source where either
the height needed to be increased or the width decreased.  Pretty much all
anamorphic sources though will need to have the width increased.

Pamel