[Matroska-general] Re: New 'big' release ?

Pamel paul at msn.com
Sun Nov 16 18:04:51 CET 2003

"Steve Lhomme" wrote...
> What we need to go to round 3 :
> - complex tracks support (DV)
> - control-track
> - menus

What are complex tracks?

I think that most of the control-track/menus could be defined outside of the
Matroska spec allowing for a faster move to round 3.

> What will not be in v1.0 :
> - DRM

I think that proper DRM should include encryption as has already been shown by
Jory's DirectShow filter.   If that is the case, then it is basically already
defined.  Implementing it would be a whole different concern that really isn't
needed from the Matroska team.  I really doubt that anyone on the team wants to
set up a permanent DRM server, but it would be nice to provide an example.

Pamel