[Matroska-general] New 'big' release ?
steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Nov 16 11:02:07 CET 2003
Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Also we're not saying 'hey, Matroska is done now'. That should be left
> for when menus and stuff like that has been implemented. The libs are
> not at v1.0, neither is my mkvtoolnix package. So I think we can really
> say 'hey, this is not everything but we've reached a milestone now'.
I agree. We are still far from all we can offer with v1.0.
If you check the specs, it says :
* Round 1: first complete draft of the specs
* Round 2: start the alpha development of libmatroska and update the
specs when needed
* Round 3: start the beta development of libmatroska, the specs are
frozen (no changes possible, only additions)
* Round 4: libmatroska becomes final (1.0.0) and the format too (version 1)
And we are only at Round 2 (this doesn't include the always growing
What we need to go to round 3 :
- complex tracks support (DV)
What will not be in v1.0 :
More information about the Matroska-general