[Matroska-general] New 'big' release ?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Nov 14 11:56:41 CET 2003

Hi,

depending on the API wavpack uses it can be done by mid December or not.

But I'm against waiting for it.

We need a release now. Before the end of the year. We don't necessarily
have to say 'look at all these new features!'. More important is having
some milestone release in which we have new codec packs, a list of apps
supporting all those features at THIS VERY POINT in time. What I want is
being able to say "the December release features VobSub subs, look at
our home page". This is far better than saying 'please goto
sf.net/guliverkli/ download at least 1.0.1.9 of Gabest's splitter,
search for TCMP 1.2.3.4 pre4 RC5' etc.pp.

If we wait for wavpack and finish this stuff around Dec 15th then we'll
be far too busy with Christmas stuff in order to make a proper
release. Such a release needs time, time and effort. Time we won't have
around Christmas!

So it's either we do with what we have for Dec 1st or we wait until 2004.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)