[Matroska-general] mkvtoolnix 0.7.5 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Nov 5 21:13:39 CET 2003
here it is, the newest Incarnation of Evil, uh, I meant mktoolnix
release. A lot of bug fixes, a couple of new features. The most
prominent new feature is probably... *drummroll* support for zlib
compressed VobSubs. Yes, Gabest is working hard on supporting them in
his demuxer, so they should become a reality for all of you very soon.
The URL, as always:
and the Windows binaries:
Here's the ChangeLog:
2003-11-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v0.7.5.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The VobSub .idx parser was dividing by 0 if
a track only contained one entry.
* mkvmerge: Fixed the timecode reader code and made it a bit more
flexible. Added more documentation for this feature along with an
example file (examples/example-timecodes.txt).
* mmg: bug fix: When 'default track' is selected then all other
tracks of the same type will have their 'default track' flag
* mkvmerge: SPU packets belonging to the same timecode are grouped
together, and the duration is extracted directly from the SPU
2003-10-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: The VobSubs are now stripped of the MPEG program
stream, and only the SPU packets are kept.
2003-10-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mkvextract: The Matroska reader and the OGM reader
(mkvmerge) as well as mkvextract will discard empty or 'cleaning
only' subtitle packets as they are appear in OGMs in order to mark
the end of an entry.
2003-10-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added the ability to read timecodes from
text files which override the timecodes mkvmerge calculates
2003-10-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: bug fix: Add all the mandatory elements when
extracting chapters so that the resulting XML can always be used
directly with mkvmerge again without having to manually add
* mkvmerge: bug fix; Handle audio tracks from Matroska files with
the CodecID A_MS/ACM correctly.
2003-10-25 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: Changes to use libmatroska's new lacing code.
2003-10-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The VobSub .idx parser was mis-calculating
the subtitle entry frame sizes.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The Vorbis packetizer was miscalculating the
number of samples to add/remove when using audio sync.
2003-10-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: new feature: Added a new menu entry "File -> new" which
will clear all the current muxing settings.
* mmg: Added support for VobSub subtitles including their
compression options. Added the .m4a extension to the 'add file'
* mmg: bug fix: Made the input boxes for file names (tags and
chapters) editable so that their contents can be deleted.
* mkvmerge: Adjusted the compression handling to the final content
2003-10-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Implemented generic support for frame
compression (mostly useful for VobSub subtitles but could also be
used for others) and the complete framework for handling content
encodings in the Matroska reader.
2003-10-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvinfo: new feature: Dump unknown elements recursively.
2003-10-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Made the SRT reader more tolerant regarding
Have fun! :)
==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)
More information about the Matroska-general