[matroska-general] Re: =[SPAM?]= Re: Dynamic Range Management

Pamel paul at msn.com
Mon May 26 03:50:19 CEST 2003

"Frank Klemm" <pfk at fuchs.offl.uni-jena.de> wrote..
> The Dynamic Changes are not specific to an audio block.
> A new setting can be choosen after 64, 256, 1024 or 4096 samples and this
> new value is applied smoothly between the two props.

I am afraid that I am having a difficult time understanding the difference
between this and the replay gain options that we have(other than the ability
to limit to a specific number of samples).  But it sounds like something
that would most likely occur at the codec level, which would place it inside
of the block data.  But I just don't understand it well enough to make a
good comment.

Pamel