[matroska-general] Re: Tags

Pamel paul at msn.com
Sat May 31 02:50:58 CEST 2003

"Steve Lhomme" <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote...
> Are these tags, you created or took from other specs ?

The only tags that I created were under the Multi* tags, and there were few
of those.  All other tags were taken from other specs.

> Also another note... It seems that lot of IDs are invalid !!!
>
> Some (the chapterUID and trackUID) uses the same value as in the other
> parts of the file (duplicate = bad). Others just don't follow the EBML
> rules ([12][XX] is supposed to be [12][XX][XX][XX] for example).

Blame Jory.  :P

> I added a new Targets system which is more logical and put everything in
> one place.

Moooo?

> Now with the Genres list, there can be a list of Audio genres, so it's
> not needed anymore (removed).

I don't care for lists in an EBML element, but it is your choice.

> If you mean the PCM-to-AAC encoder, then it should be put in the Track
> directly and not editable neither.

I don't think there would be a way to have the encoder name automatically
put in the info unless the encoder was outputting to MKx.  So, in this case,
it should be editable.  But, if you think it would go better there, then go
for it.

Pamel