[matroska-general] Re: Tags
steve.lhomme at free.fr
Tue May 27 21:06:56 CEST 2003
More on the existing tags :
* The MultiComment part has a + on the level. Which means it can be
placed at any level equal to 3 or lower. Is that the case ? If so it may
be good to explain more in depth the use of this comment you can put
everywhere and on what it applies.
* Abstract 3  - - - UTF-8 Heck if I know, its
If there is an element noone have a clue about, its place is in the
* Same applies to SubGenre, OfficialAudioFileURL,
* URLs usually apply to the whole stream/segment. Not just one part. In
this case maybe a Tag with no TrackUID and no ChapterUID could be used.
Or maybe a TagAll element that would contain elements global to a
segment (like the SetPart, URLs).
* And why are there secondary genres ? If you want many genres, you can
put a list or jyst allow the element to be multiple.
* ArchivalLocation 3 [A4] - - - UTF-8 Indicates where
the subject of the file is archived.
The subject of the file ???
* Somes link to the ID3 elements referred would make reading the specs
* Contains the number of beats per minute in the main part of the audio.
This is general.
General to what ?
* All settings related to a digitizer should be grouped. It would be
great to find other logical groups like this.
* The Encoder can be removed (already in Info and should not be editable).
* Idem for the languages of a Track which is defined in the... Track
* UserDefinedURL 3 [4A] - - - string A URL that could
Then, there should be a list of it, and each item should have a text
* URL of the entity. It appears in many MultiXXX elements. What is the
difference between the URL of a title and the URL of a legal entity ?
Idem for the Address.
I prefer to let you know before I make the changes, because you may have
More information about the Matroska-general