[matroska-general] Re: Tags

Pamel paul at msn.com
Sun May 25 00:31:41 CEST 2003

"Steve Lhomme" <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote
> I'm starting to check what has been done in the matroska Tags...

Joy of joys.  Now we can see if we royally screwed up or not.

> How don't know how you proceeded, but the first thing I looked for is
> the ISRC code. It has disappeared ! So I attach an old spec file which
> contained the ISRC code and other info that may be missing in the
> current tags.

To find ISRC, you go to the Tag list.  Then move to the Identifiers section
and select Type.  This will take you to the list of types and ISRC is number
1.  Here is the link:
http://cvs.corecodec.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/matroska/doc/website/specs/multiidentifiers.html

There are actually a few more identifiers that I want to add that were under
the MXF tags list, but that will come a little later.

> I'm going to investigate more now on what has been removed (ot make room
> for WM9 tags...) and probably correct the current tags.

We should have all of the tags that can be edited directly in the Advanced
Tag Editor in WMP9.  In fact, that is what inspired the use of the
MultiComments, so that you can make comments in several different languages.

I am planning on making an explanation of how the tags work, much like the
simple diagram that I made on the Matroska layout.  Until that exists, I
think it may be difficult for new-comers to get a good understanding of they
work.

> -- Type: application/zip
> -- File: my.index.zip

I'll see about getting a copy of this elsewhere.

Pamel