[matroska-general] Re: FW: Matroska support now added to XBMP

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon May 19 14:18:24 CEST 2003

Gamester17 at the Xbox Media Player website wrote:

> Hi Chris, your 1.0 lib is in the very latest XBMP CVS so a complete
> new compile of XBMP from latest CVS (replacing all the files) is
> needed  to make it work. I've not tried it myself as I do not have any
> matroska files to try on, if you send me a couple of direct download
> links to a few samples I will test today or tomorrow :)
>
> @XBMP Team (By copy), have anyone of you tried any matroska files yet?
> result?

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/samples/index.html ..... but
pls. dont spread this link around , Mosu already had 1000+ downloads ;)
.... be nice with his bandwidth !!

To make your own matroska files :

Windows : Getting VirtualdubMod from
http://sf.net/projects/virtualdubmod you can simply open any AVI file,
set 'video' to 'Direct Stream Copy' and 'save as ...' select MKV and you
will get your own MKV files. You can also mux Ogg Vorbis audio to it,
delete the original MP3 in the AVI on transmuxing, or add the original
AC3 audio to it, all in the 'stream' directory . There are also win32
binaries of mkvmerger now, available from the same link below.

Linux : http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/ .. download
'mkvtoolnix' and compile it on your box. 'mkvmerger' will allow you to
transmux any AVI or OGM to MKV, as well as adding some additional audio
or subtitles streams to it ...

Regards

Christian

Next to come :

DTS audio muxing ( done, but not released )
AAC audio muxing (working, but subject to change )
MPEG1/2 video muxing ( started )
Image subs ( BMP, PNG )
USF/SSA/ASS subs
mode2 form2 burning, including flexible EDC/ECC
menues
chapters
MPC audio ( musepack ... waiting for Frank Klemm to make SV8 )
etc. ....

Have fun !!!