[matroska-general] Re: UCI project - Universal Codec API

Kondoros Attila cookieman_k at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 12:20:17 CEST 2003

--- Christian HJ Wiesner <chris at matroska.org> wrote:

> Hi all, Hi Attila,

  Hi Christian, Hi Alex,

> i was quickly browsing over the
> http://sf.net/projects/uci project page
> and found out that Attila Kondoros has been given
> project administrator
> status from Alex meanwhile.

Yes Alex had notified me for some time now. I had some
personal problems and I could not even reply to him.

> This gives us the chance
> to discuss together
> how we could finally drive the project forward.
>
> Xiph people have released something like a Theora
> skeleton, and it seems
> the long awaited Xiph codec API is heavily based on
> Ogg ( libogg ),
> making it unusable for everything outside the Xiph
> world IMHO (
> http://www.theora.org ).
>
> Attila, its time we get this great project moving
> again. If you wnat me
> to help you, add me to the developers list ( nick :
> ChristianHJW ) and
> give me admin status, so that i can start to
> advertise the project to
> raise people's awareness of it, and we maybe can
> attract more devs to
> help you finalizing UCI. What do you think ?

I had given Christian admin rights, hope it helps the
project. I'm not sure I can make time for the project
anymore, personal/professional life is getting crowded
for me right now. If my situation gets stabilized I'll
notify you all.

I will try to follow the dev-list...

Thanks for understanding,
 Kondoros Attila