[matroska-general] UCI project - Universal Codec API

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed May 14 08:29:51 CEST 2003

Hi all, Hi Attila,

i was quickly browsing over the http://sf.net/projects/uci project page
and found out that Attila Kondoros has been given project administrator
status from Alex meanwhile. This gives us the chance to discuss together
how we could finally drive the project forward.

Xiph people have released something like a Theora skeleton, and it seems
the long awaited Xiph codec API is heavily based on Ogg ( libogg ),
making it unusable for everything outside the Xiph world IMHO (
http://www.theora.org ).

Attila, its time we get this great project moving again. If you wnat me
to help you, add me to the developers list ( nick : ChristianHJW ) and
give me admin status, so that i can start to advertise the project to
raise people's awareness of it, and we maybe can attract more devs to
help you finalizing UCI. What do you think ?