[matroska-general] Re: New DirectShow filter out

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Mon May 12 00:59:29 CEST 2003

Steve Lhomme wrote:

>>>Well I wouldn't call this new release as stable. I searched the videos back
>>>and forth, after a while the player crashed and reported error in Matroska
>>>dll... also the same when playing videos that have subtitles and Vorbis
>>>audio :(
>>>

>What OS, DirectShow version, player, source file do you use ?
>I didn't managed to crashed the released one so far. (all the known
>crashes have been addressed)
>

>>For me seeking works, without crash.
>>But seeking is very slow;
>>you can move the seek bar, but you ll have to wait for like 10 seconds
>>until it "jumps" to the spot.
>>
>>Anyhow, seeking ability itself is a "great leap forward" :)
>>

>Very strange. It seems that your files have no SeekHead nor Cue entries,
>because here it's instantly seeking. Could you try with text2.mkv in
>http://www.matroska.org/downloads/ ?

That one is only 5-sec long, not suitable for seeking test.
I tested:

(1) a 24-min file by MKVmerge, Def settings --
Seekable but pic will be scrambled when you jump, taking like 10 secs to
be normal again

(2) a 24-min file by MKVmerge, noCues settings --
Seekable but seeking is slow

I heard MKV was as seekable as OGM even without any Cues,
and that Cues would make seeking even faster.

I will test some more later.

Liisachan