[matroska-general] Re: New DirectShow filter out

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon May 12 00:28:24 CEST 2003

>>Well I wouldn't call this new release as stable. I searched the videos back
>>and forth, after a while the player crashed and reported error in Matroska
>>dll... also the same when playing videos that have subtitles and Vorbis
>>audio :(

What OS, DirectShow version, player, source file do you use ?
I didn't managed to crashed the released one so far. (all the known
crashes have been addressed)

> For me seeking works, without crash.
> But seeking is very slow;
> you can move the seek bar, but you ll have to wait for like 10 seconds
> until it "jumps" to the spot.
>
> Anyhow, seeking ability itself is a "great leap forward" :)

Very strange. It seems that your files have no SeekHead nor Cue entries,
because here it's instantly seeking. Could you try with text2.mkv in
http://www.matroska.org/downloads/ ?