[matroska-general] New DirectShow filter out

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun May 11 20:46:04 CEST 2003

As you probably know, we have released today a stable DirectShow parser
to read matroska files. It can be found on
http://www.matroska.org/downloads/

There is also a TCMP plugin to retrieve more infos about a matroska
file. And also new sources with additions and some bug corrections (on
reading and writing).

The next steps I can see in the near future :
- DS: add a properties dialog box to retrieve informations from the
matroska file, and maybe inspect the queues

- DS: make a non UNICODE version for Win98 ?

- libmatroska: change ProcessMandatory so that mandatory elements that
are not unique are at least added once. Writing applications may need a
few modifications (fill this first element before adding new ones to the
list).

Then we can work on the more important things. The DirectShow filter
being in the center (and muxing apps when new features are added), like
moving to an ASync reader (which is already the case but not in the DS
terms) and being able to select the audio/video/subtitles tracks.