[matroska-general] Blue-HD-DVD

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Mar 26 10:50:07 CET 2003

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.asp?RelatedID=3621

 "The purpose of our new formats is to compete internationally with new formats
in the world market and to promote the new format to China, with which we have a
good relationship," Huang said.

" The Blue-HD-DVD specs exclude MPEG-2 compression, but ITRI is working on a
proprietary compression technology, AVC, that resembles MPEG-4 and that "stores
more than five hours of HDTV motion pictures," Huang said. MPEG-2 requires about
15 Gbytes of capacity to store two hours of video, he said. "

So there is room for newcomers in future hardware formats :)

Let's get ready !!!

(unfortunately I don't have much time this week apart from tonight)