[matroska-general] Re: Working matroska dshow filter

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Fri Mar 21 16:05:33 CET 2003

Jan,

thank you so much !! This is in fact one of the greatest b-day presents
i ever received in my whole Life !! What a coincidence, really, but this
makes me feel REAL good today, despite the fact i am one year older now
;) ...

My other great thanks goes of course to Cyrius and Mosu, who are the
biggest support for us we could have ever wished for, developing all
those great tools for matroska so that it can be used nicely on Windows
and Linux. You guys are just great, and we hope to have you in our team
for a very very long time !!

And while i am already in the process of saying thank you, please allow
me to express my admiration to the people who have made this possible
with us :

John 'spyder' Cannon, who is with the team now since the very beginning,
mate, i know there are big things to come from you, MPA2MKA and MPEG2MKV
are just the very beginning !

Blacksun and Betaboy, who always believed in our small project, and are
hosting us on Corecodec for free ! Folks you're advice, both technical (
Ludovic ) and with respect to organisation matters ( Dan ) helped us
soooo much ! Dont know if we ever did it without you ....

Frank Klemm, your input was soo importnat for us, it was coming exactly
at the right time, when we were a bit clueless in what direction we
should move with matroska .... a very warm 'Danke Schön' to you !

Toff, Ciler and Oxy, the core devs and the heart of TCMP, you were
always friends to our project, we know we can always count on you guys !

Pamel and Milkman_Dan, the one jumped into the project when the other
had to lean back a bit for real life reasons, but what would we be
without your support folks !

The new developers, designers and contributors coming to our help,
Marlena, Ronald, Mike, Rath0, animesh, bill_baroud, amit, shelly,
Liisachan, Ayaka, Henry, How Man, Thana, Sriram, Golddragongt, David,
maliqua, Santiago, DaveEL, Matthew, Nupur, Kimmo, and all the other
matroska fans i couldn't think of now, in the very short notice ( and
will hopefully accept my apologies for that ) : Your help and interest
in our small project is pushing us forward, motivating us to give the
best day by day, and we hope we will succeed in the end, with your help,
to establish matroska as a nice, well designed open standard alternative
to all existing audio and video containers !! Thanks Marlena, thanks
guys for all you help and contribution !

And Finally : Steve, its just one more step of many steps we both were
going together to get this project moving, but for me it has a special
meaning, and its even more important now as it is my b-day when the
filter first worked. I hope we will make many many steps like that in
the future, together, and as friends  ..... thank you Steve, thank you
for making this great day possible for me !!

/me said enough now and goes off to celebrate the birth of the matroska
DShow filter   :-) ....

Christian

P.S. I hope nobody here got the impression now that we are a Windows
centric project .. LOL