[matroska-general] H.264 stable & MP4 improved

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu Mar 20 12:03:49 CET 2003

According to this post :
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=7643&

MP4
The file format is also being enhanced to better support un-timed (static)
meta-data, and to support MPEG-21. MPEG-21 support is targeted to enable the
storage of a "Digital Item Declaration" with some or all of its resources in a
single file. This allows MPEG-21 files to be compatible with other files in the
family.

H.264
The AVC | H.264 spec has received an enormous amount of scrutiny, which
means it is very robust. Bitstreams are being exchanged in the Joint Video
Team. Now that the spec is final, M4IF and others will start doing interop
testing, a crucial part in attaining true interoperability.

That means we can safely add Pamel's solution to the specs. Also I don't fully
understand the improvements of MP4. Maybe it's like the file attachements we
have (un-timed meta-data).

Are they lurking the matroska development or what ? :D