[matroska-general] Re: matroska : HTTP/RTP streaming server

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Fri Mar 14 10:31:34 CET 2003

Hi Amit,

thanks for you offer to help on this huge, challenging project.

The HTTP/RTP streaming server team is currently two people, being How
Tam and Henry Poon. Unfortunately i havent heard from any of them for a
little while now, so i cant provide you with an update of what the
actual project status is right now.

I am copying both on this email, as well as the matroska-general ML, and
i sincerely hope one of them comes back to me with a short update on if
and what has been done so far.

In any case, i gladly welcome you in our team and was adding your
nickname to our sourceforge project a few minutes ago. I recommend you
subscribe to our MLs first, you can find them on
http://www.freelists.org , matroska-general at freelists.org ,
matroska-devel at freelists.org and matroska-cvs at freelists.org .
Alternatively you may fire up your newsreader and point it to
news.gmane.org , and subscribe to  gmane.comp.multimedia.matroska.xxx ,
this NNTP interface to our mailing lists will allow you to read all the
old mails and reply to the list also, pretty convenient.

After some reading through the specs and the latest posts on the
streaming server project, please drop me a short email, so we can decide
where to start. Hopefully by then we will also have news from How Man
and Henry
.
Best regards

Christian