[matroska-general] Merge Track Info & Chapter Info

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu Mar 13 09:55:33 CET 2003

Hi,

Yesterday I was wondering if it would be worth to merge some informations that
are located in the Track entry and some in the Chapter entry.

The first examples are the replay gain and the ISRC code. It can be stored at 2
different places in the container. That means there is a possibility of having
one wrong. Which one should be used in that case ?

This is an impossible situation. So I suggest to store these elements in the
Chapter *only*.

The drawback is that if you want to use this feature for a very basic audio
file, you will have to add a Chapter entry to your file. But I don't think it's
really a problem. It's just one more requirement for audio players (handle
Chapters even though there is only one).

Any comment or opposition ?