[matroska-general] Re: Logos

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Fri Mar 7 07:55:08 CET 2003

Hi Marlena:

i am the one who posted ayaka's logo for him,
and i m afraid what i did might have embarrassed some of you guys in a way

well, as i posted there 1st,
http://corecodec.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=292
it was not that i was going to ignore other works;
i posted a link as just ONE possible basis for discussion,
or rather, just to show there are quite a few ppl who are interested in
this project.

in fact, i even didnt (and dont) know exactly how many other works there
have been for possible MKV logos/icons,
tho i did know MiChiFu for MCF :)

Well, but, to be fair, i should note that even now there is a "help
wanted" article for the Logo / Icon in the project page
http://sourceforge.net/people/viewjob.php?group_id=68739&job_id=12833
which read: "needs help badly from somebody making a nice logo for us. "
So, since i was (and practically am) an "outsider,"  i simply thought
any possibility would be openly welcomed.

putting that aside, ayaka is young, and naturally not skilled like a pro
nor experienced,
tho we must admit he has excellent taste;
His design is simple, chic, and elegant; not very colorful, but not too
loud.
However, probably his sketch would have been polished a little...
I m feeling that especially now that i ve checked your sophisticated
logos, Marlena.
so even if his idea is basically ok, the problem would not be "this or
that?" but he would still need a lot of help
by other skilled designers, and imo, such a help should be highly
appreciated.

On the other hand, even tho his idea is not best for the logo after all,
we might just as well use his icon as a part of web design etc. as a
little accent piece.
Like today's OGM that is related both with that Fish logo and "Thor and
Snake,"
there can be more than one designs around Matroska; nothing wrong about
that.

i mirrored your work in my page too:
http://www.faireal.net/matroska/matroska_logo

Your logos are so sophisticated that, to my eyes,
any one of them can be the logo for a professional air carrier company :)

Regards,

Liisachan