[matroska-general] Re: Logos

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Mar 7 09:30:44 CET 2003

En réponse à Christian HJ Wiesner <chris at matroska.org>:

> Marlena Deren wrote:
>
> >Hey,
> >
> >I finally posted couple of my logo ideas. They were done before the
> latest "Japanese" version. Take a look and let me know what you think
> and what works, they are drafts so anything can be changed. I have tons
> of other ideas but I don't know whether I s
> >hould continue working on Matroska or whether I should move onto the
> USF project if no one has volunteered yet. The link for the Matroska
> logos is: http://www.1000ad.net/marlena/matroskalogos.html
> >(I worked around an idea of an icon of matryoshka which you will find
> in one form or another in every one of the logos :)  )
> >
> >-Marlena

I like them all. I have a preference for the bottom left one. It's simple and
nice. In the other hand, as it was said by Pamel (IIRC), the logo has to look
good in B&W, ie 2 colors. So that it can easily printed. That's why I like the
Ayaka 4/13 one. The one on the bottom right could also achieve that.

Now for USF it's another story. I don't think anyone will ever print that on a
simple surface (think of the CD Disc logo on CD players).

> Marlena,
>
> you should have been on the IRC channel and witnessed the discussion
> about what logo is the best and such .. all are brilliant !!

I think I missed that one too.