[matroska-general] Re: 1. Any comments from the design Team on the Japanese matroska logos from Ayaka ? 2. Anybody interested in looking at logo and webpage for our sister project USF ?

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu Mar 6 15:33:59 CET 2003

En réponse à Christian HJ Wiesner <chris at matroska.org>:

> Marlena, folks, i know this must look a bit weired to you, as you are
> the design team offering help to us and then all of a sudden we all get
> crazy about the contribution about an 'outsider' , but this logo design
> of this young Japanese guy ayaka is so simple and brilliant, we just
> have to love it !!

Yes, it's great. So far, Ayaka 4 is the best I've seen so far. Very simple &
elegant.

> Now, what i would appreciate a lot was if you could have a look again,
> and maybe do some more variations around his basic idea, so we can
> decide on a final version. Please note that Steve and myself have plans
> to invest the 1200,- US$ and register this logo as a trademark or
> servicemark for the non-profit organisation matroska ass. , at least in

Yeah, it will be "Matroska Ass"... I hope you'll all like it :D

> the USA, France, UK and Germany.  The organisation is still to be
> founded, but we plan to make it a non-profit one, with the goal to make
> matroska widely accepted, even by the movie and music industry ( a
> dream, of course ). Is this acceptable for you to have a look at Ayaka's
> design and play with it a bit ?

The page with all ideas are here :
http://www.faireal.net/matroska/matroska_logo (not sure there are the ones from
Rath0).

> Dan is a great resource for design and his suggestions will almost
> always lead to a great result, so working with him is pretty demadning,
> but big fun if you like to be proud of your results in the end.

BTW, what happened to the guy who make the CC design ? It looks very good.