[matroska-general] 1. Any comments from the design Team on the Japanese matroska logos from Ayaka ? 2. Anybody interested in looking at logo and webpage for our sister project USF ?

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Mar 6 15:17:40 CET 2003

Hi Matroska Design Team !!

1. Its been quite from you people lately, i hope you didnt loose
motivation ? RathO, your arms better again ? Does anybody please find
the time to have a look at Ayaka's latest work here :

http://corecodec.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=292&start=15
??

Marlena, folks, i know this must look a bit weired to you, as you are
the design team offering help to us and then all of a sudden we all get
crazy about the contribution about an 'outsider' , but this logo design
of this young Japanese guy ayaka is so simple and brilliant, we just
have to love it !!

Now, what i would appreciate a lot was if you could have a look again,
and maybe do some more variations around his basic idea, so we can
decide on a final version. Please note that Steve and myself have plans
to invest the 1200,- US$ and register this logo as a trademark or
servicemark for the non-profit organisation matroska ass. , at least in
the USA, France, UK and Germany.  The organisation is still to be
founded, but we plan to make it a non-profit one, with the goal to make
matroska widely accepted, even by the movie and music industry ( a
dream, of course ). Is this acceptable for you to have a look at Ayaka's
design and play with it a bit ?

2. USF , the Universal Subtitle Format, is a kind of 'sister' project to
matroska, aiming to become to standard for subtitles in the audio/video
encoding community. They are hosted on corecodec.org as well, more
precisely on

http://usf.corecodec.org
http://corecodec.org/projects/usf

As you can see the USF homepage is very basic and needs serious
overworking. Also, even USF is in need of a logo and an icon. Anybody
interested in the job ? You would have to work with one of the biggest
pedants in the internet, the Corecodec.org founder Dan 'Betaboy' Marlin
( have a look at http://corecodec.com and http://corecoded.com and you
know his design level ;)  ).

Dan is a great resource for design and his suggestions will almost
always lead to a great result, so working with him is pretty demadning,
but big fun if you like to be proud of your results in the end.

Anybody volunteering ?

Dan, do you have an idea how a USF logo could be looking like ? What did
we want to express with the logos ?  Hint to the powerful
colours/effects of USF ? I have no idea, you may have noticed i am a
complete fool about good design ... LOL

Regards