[matroska-general] mkvtoolnix 0.5.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Jun 22 22:10:36 CEST 2003
Time for another release. There have been a lot of changes since the
last week. One thing I'd really like you to try is to run mkvmerge under
Windows 98/Windows 2000. Several people reported problems and I'm eager
to know if the switch from cygwin to mingw32 solved this problem.
The release is available at
Ok, here's the ChangeLog since the last version:
2003-06-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v0.5.0.
* Added 'ReferencePriority' element to the known elements for
* Removed "(mkvinfo) " from mkvinfo's output in order to improve
readability and save space.
* --sub-charset now also needs a track ID.
* Modified the verbosity levels for mkvinfo: The seek head subentries
and cue subentries will only be shown at level 2 to make the
output easier to read.
* The language and default track settings are now kept again if
not overridden when reading from Matroska files.
2003-06-21 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Added mkvextract which can extract tracks from a Matroska file
into other files.
2003-06-20 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Switched from cygwin to MinGW32 for the Windows binaries.
* Fixed a double free() on cleanup (after writing the cues) which
resulted in a segfault sometimes.
* Added a SSA/ASS reader.
2003-06-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Support for reading text subtitles from Matroska files.
* Made the AAC reader automatically recognize if a MPEG4 AAC file
contains the emphasis header (deprecated) or not (current standard).
==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)
More information about the Matroska-general