[matroska-general] mkvtoolnix 0.4.4

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Jun 15 16:44:07 CEST 2003

Hi guys and girls,

I've just released v0.4.4 of mktvoolnix. Here's the ChangeLog:

2003-06-15  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

        * Several options now need an explicity track ID to specify
        which tracks of an input file the option should be applied
        to. These options include --atracks, --vtracks, --stracks,
        --sync, --default-track, --cues and --language.

        * The Matroska reader now handles track selection correctly.

2003-06-13  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

        * Added an option for identifying input files and their track
          types.

This release breaks the old syntax for the options mentioned above. This
is especially important for any GUI which might use mkvmerge. On the
other hand the new syntax is much more flexible than the old one - these
options do not apply to all tracks in a file but to only one specific
track (you can still use -1 as the track ID and hit all tracks). For
details read the man page/HTML documentation.

A note to the Windows users: Several people have reported crashes in the
AVI reader on non-Windows-XP systems. Unfortunately I don't have access
to any Win2k/Win98 machines at the moment, neither do I have a spare
hard drive on which to install it. So please be patient with me until
I've found a solution. Thanks.

Get the sources/binaries at
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

--