[matroska-general] Re: Japanese and/or Korean/Chinese subtitles for my new matroska smaple file

Cyrius suiryc at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 17:50:32 CEST 2003

--- Christian HJ Wiesner <chris at matroska.org> wrote:
> @Cyrius : Any reason why VdubMod could screw up with
> such a high number
> of streams ? did you test this before ?

Well 2 problems here :p
1. Native MPEG4 stream. We don't handle IDs other than
the one for VFW (with FourCC) since we _need_ to know
which codec to call (VfW, FourCC) to decompress the
video.
2. For the moment we can mux subs in mkv, but not edit
them. Moreover we can only handle 'linear' (i.e. no
overlapping allowed) subs for each track (VirtualDub
doesn't work on timestamps).

The number of streams in the file shouldn't be a
problem however :p.