[matroska-general] Re: Japanese and/or Korean/Chinese subtitles for my new matroska smaple file

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Thu Jun 12 14:18:12 CEST 2003

Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:

>Hi Liisachan, Hi Ayaka,
>
>i am turning to you, searching help in a specific matter about
>subtitles. You may be aware that the last sample file i made, with 5.1
>AAC audio and full DVD resolution ( XviD ) was a big success, attracting
>many users to 'sniff' into using matroska first time ( even people from
>Ahead tested it and were delighted i heard  ;-) ... lol  ).
>
>I have plans for another, better file now, and i want to propagate this
>on all video related mailing lists and webboards to show them the
>'power' of matroska :-) . The file will be 'Starwars Episode 2 - attack
>of the clones' , like the first time, i also think i will use the same
>scene again, dont know yet, be 10 MB big again ( 30 s ) and have the
>following features :
>
>- 'native' MPEG4 matroska video stream, made with DaveEL's alpha
>'avs2matroska' tool, which is not VfW based but using xvid.dll,
>dynamically linked to it. Resolution will be 720 x 432 again, and the AR
>flag in the matroska header set to 2.35 again ( 16:9 anamorphic ) ;
>this will be a native MPEG4 mkv file for the first time, so i cna use
>b-frames unlimited, without having to use packed bitstream or dummy
>frames ( = lagging )
>
>- AAC 5.1 English ; track nr. #1
>
>- AAC 5.1 German ; track nr. #2            ; both AACs are made from the
>AC3 on a PAL DVD, via BeSweet ( export to 5.1 AIFF ), resampled to 44.1
>KHz using SSRC and then encoded to 5.1 AAC using the latest Nero
>5.5.10.35 ; they sound excellent ( already on my HDD @home ;-) )
>
>- Ogg Vorbis commentators track , q = 0.001 , 48 kbps
>
>- UTF8 subtitles ( all downloaded from a Czech subtitles server, big
>thanks to Gabest for the link ) :
>
>* French
>* Spanish
>* Portugese
>* Danish
>* Swedish
>* Finnish
>* Czech
>
>Unfortunately some of them were made for 23,97 fps originally, so i have
>no idea yet how to make them match with my 25 fps PAL video, but i hope
>to find a way somehow ...

You can just re-time it
timing for a 30sec-clip should be as easy as a joke
well, but there should be some tools to convert the sub speed

>Now here is my question to you both :
>
>Is there any chance to get japanese, korean or chinese language
>subtitles for this movie, and if ever possible in 25 fps ? Main problem
>is, i cant read the stuff ( naturally ;-) ), so i couldnt check if the
>timing was correct .... can you help me here ? I hope there are
>subtitles server in Japan also, and the European servers dont offer too
>much Asian character stuff ;) ....

just send me the English version and the raw,
then i ll translate it by myself, into English
as for 25fps, you dont have to worry, because i can time it by myself
tho i do need the raw to do that

Unfortunately we have no Korean/Chinese translators
but...

* French
* Spanish
* Portugese
* Danish
* Swedish
* Finnish
* Czech

all of these in your list are of W. Europe as Windows code page
if you want to show Matroska s power, how about adding Russian or Polish
or Hungarian or Ukrainian?
I think my friends from these lang areas could help you :)

Liisachan

PS. I used this Matroska logo that i like best so far, for our webpage.
http://ld-anime.faireal.net/guide/matroska