[matroska-general] Re: New website structure

Marlena isolde_w at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 05:02:33 CEST 2003

Hi Christian,

No need to apologize, you do what you feel like and
what needs to be done. I've been receiving the
postings and I am happy for you guys that the
recognition has really picked up. I thought that you
have selected Pamel's logo as it was there when I
checked out the site periodically.
I have more time now to work on things. I believe that
Anshuman was the one working on the site layout, but
if he does not respond or is too busy, I will be happy
to put something together for you.

Marlena

> HI,
>
> this message goes to the former 'design team' of
matroska :

> Marlena, guys, i am extremely sorry that nobody from
our team had the
> time to really make some of the very pending
decisions with respect to
> the matroska logo and webpage, as we were all
incredible busy with real
> life stuff and also to launch or baby :) !
>
> We released matroska to the public on May 1st, still
with the old crappy
> webpage made by me and without official logo, but
with some nicely
> working code/programs  ;). The user reactions so far
are very promising,
> motivating us to keep up the hard work and make it
even better, adding
> all the planned features over time, until nobody
will use AVI anymore
> and MKV will be supported in a huge number of video
and audio related
> software.
>
> I recently found the time to look at the homepage
again, adding some
> stuff and reordering the pages, so they make more
sense. This is about
> the right time to ask if any of you could consider
to continue her/his
> work and try to adapt the existing homepage designs
to the new site
> layout ? I promise i will be on the case more often
now, reducing my
> time posting in forums and trying to improve the
webpage now step by step.

> Next plan will be also to start a poll on Doom9
about the 'official'
> matroska logo ;) ..... looking forward for you reply
>
> Best regards
>
> Christian
>
> BTW : if you plan to test matroska yourself, read
here :

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54677
: There is a
> short example file and a description what software
you need to play the
> file.
>

> Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >here a first draft of the new website structure i
liked to have. Its
> >still in very early stage, please dont judge to
hard on me :)