[matroska-general] Re: New website structure

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Jun 4 11:34:37 CEST 2003

HI,

this message goes to the former 'design team' of matroska :

Marlena, guys, i am extremely sorry that nobody from our team had the
time to really make some of the very pending decisions with respect to
the matroska logo and webpage, as we were all incredible busy with real
life stuff and also to launch or baby :) !

We released matroska to the public on May 1st, still with the old crappy
webpage made by me and without official logo, but with some nicely
working code/programs  ;). The user reactions so far are very promising,
motivating us to keep up the hard work and make it even better, adding
all the planned features over time, until nobody will use AVI anymore
and MKV will be supported in a huge number of video and audio related
software.

I recently found the time to look at the homepage again, adding some
stuff and reordering the pages, so they make more sense. This is about
the right time to ask if any of you could consider to continue her/his
work and try to adapt the existing homepage designs to the new site
layout ? I promise i will be on the case more often now, reducing my
time posting in forums and trying to improve the webpage now step by step.

Next plan will be also to start a poll on Doom9 about the 'official'
matroska logo ;) ..... looking forward for you reply

Best regards

Christian

BTW : if you plan to test matroska yourself, read here :
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54677 : There is a
short example file and a description what software you need to play the
file.