[Matroska-general] My request for a contemporary suspension from Doom9 webforum

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Jul 29 23:21:29 CEST 2003

Guys,

i just wanted to inform you that i was just chatting with Doom9 on IRC
tonight, and he has agreed to put my account on suspension for about 2
weeks ( well, kind of ) until i have cleared my mind about OGM and
matroska. This measure was taken because i was asking him to do that,
knowing myself, and seeing the damage i am causing to the project with
my attitude recently.

It seems i can personally not accept that there is still work being done
on the OGM container, it makes me go mad when i just think about it, but
this is not the right situation to try explaining in detail why this is
the case. However, as i am obviously unable to react in a sensible way
if the topic OGM is being discussed,  i guess it will do me and the
project only good if i wont post on Doom9 for a couple of weeks, to
improve my attitude.

I am sure Pamel will be able to make the announcement of the 4th august
release there for me, maybe by using some of the text i am preparing to
be posted on other webforums where matroska is a topic already, same
goes for some mailing lists i decided to make the release announcement
on. I ask all team members who are reading on Doom9 to give the MKV
users there the necessary support they need, we certainly won't give
them the feeling nobody cares about their problems.

My special apologies go to DaveEL, he was hinting me more than once to
the fact that the present situation is unbearable for him as an active
Doom9 mod, and it seems i was unable to understand how serious this is
for him. I hope he will accept my public apology and continue to
contribute to the projectif he finds the time to do so.

Sorry guys for all the probs