[Matroska-general] Matroska Release 4th August 2003 ( CHIP release ) - table of working/missing features

John Cannon spyder at matroska.org
Tue Jul 22 16:36:21 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am working right now on a buffer system to split an mpeg2 video stream into frame and header packets.  The system should be reusable in other tools to packetize the mpeg2 video for placement in Matroska.  When I finish this code, I will write a LemAPI plugin to play with.  I would also make an mkvmerge packetizer but Mosu's API scares me ;)

We discussed the technical points of placing mpeg2 in matroska and I think the best way would be to put the sequence header in the CodecPrivate and then put the GOP headers with the I frame of the GOP.  As far as other features, they can be added but this is basically a reader for mpeg2, the rest will not be part of this code.

John