[matroska-general] Re: How to choose EBML IDs ?

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at capflow.com
Thu Jul 3 16:05:29 CEST 2003

Hi Pamel,

>>I'm currently designing a binary format based on EBML,
>
>You may want to contact us about getting the latest EBML libraries to save
>yourself some trouble.  I don't believe the Sourceforge CVS was ever updated
>with the latest libraries.

We are developping an EBML parser (based on the XML SAX interface) and an EBML
writer written in C, as we need to parse the format on platforms where C++ is
badly supported.

>Also, I am curious what type of format you are creating as this is the first
>time I've heard of EBML being used outside of the Matroska project.

We are basically using EBML as a data format/communication protocol to carry
data between computers in a distributed processing environment.

BTW, while playing with EBML, I found out it would have been very nice for
parsing if the class IDs could have carried information about their level.
Maybe for a future version ?

Laurent Pinchart