[matroska-general] Re: [ alexandria-Support Requests-676804 ] Project removal request: mcf

ChristianHJW christian.hj.wiesner at web.de
Wed Jan 29 16:16:55 CET 2003

Guys,

i have no idea whats going on here !!

I wanted to remove the old project with

unix name : mediacontainer ;
http://sourceforge.net/project/admin/?group_id=47352

This is the project i was originally founding, but Lasse disliked the long
project name, so he founded mcf . As the old project was marked inactive
from Lasse since then, and sits there since about 2 years, i wanted to
remove it.

If you read through my support request you can see that i was giving the
correct group ID, being

47532

while MCF has

47402

Now for some stupid reason the sf.net crew marked the project with unix name
'mcf'  for deletion !! The only reason i could see for this is that Lasse,
when setting the old mediacontainer project to 'inactive' , changed the
project homepage from

mediacontainer.sf.net

mcf.sf.net

Maybe they just were quickly visiting the group ID i gave, noticed the
homepage registered for it and assumed its the unix name 'mcf' ???

My actions undertaken now to avoid that the project will actually be deleted
:

1. Sent a comment to the support request telling about the problem

2. Set the status of the support request to 'completed' . I can do so as i
was submitting it, and it disappeared from this list in the very same
second, while MCF is still up and alive.

3. Sent an email reply to the sf.net staff telling them about their mistake

I hope everything goes well

Regards

Christian