[matroska-general] I hope we can avoid such stuff

Frank Klemm pfk at fuchs.offl.uni-jena.de
Tue Jan 28 01:38:46 CET 2003

Taken from FLAC 1.1.0 release page:

  Note that the minor version has incremented, meaning forward compatibility
  was broken (forward compatibility means an earlier decoder can play all
  streams made by a later decoder). This is only because of a bug in 1.0.4
  and prior where the decoder could not properly skip unknown metadata. The
  stream format itself has not changed and FLAC is still fully
  backward-compatible.  All it means is that a FLAC file containing cue
  sheet metadata will not decode in older decoders. This bug is fixed in
  1.1.0.

I hope we can avoid such problems.

--
Frank Klemm