[matroska-general] Re: RealNetworks server

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Jan 22 15:21:13 CET 2003

En réponse à Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr>:

> It doesn't stream MPEG-4 for the moment due to licensing uncertainty.
> Maybe we can integrate matroska streaming (the TCP mode, ie without a
> need for a lower streaming-special format) before that :D

More background on this :
https://www.helixcommunity.org/2002/intro/how-you-can-help

"Extending the Helix DNA

You might have bigger changes in mind for the Helix DNA -- adding brand-new
capabilities not presently offered by the DNA itself.

The Helix community has a Helix Community Process designed to address such
changes. You can create a proposal for extending the DNA, which, if approved,
will also give you a workspace and assistance for adding in those capabilities.
If this is of interest, read up on the Helix Community Process and how you can
participate!"

https://www.helixcommunity.org/2002/intro/hcp

BTW, Xiph is supposed to be working with RN to add OGG streaming in their tool.
http://matroska.org