[matroska-general] Re: Binary launch

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Jan 24 09:45:55 CET 2003

BTW, in case you didn't know, I updated http://ebml.sourceforge.net/

> Did you send libmatroska to Suiryc and myFUN already ??

Well, Suiryc is checking IRC logs so he should have the URL. I didn't contact
myFUN. So for everyone : the first beta code of libebml is working. In the same
file there is also some matroska elements already coded, and you can produce a
valid matroska file with attachements (see test00.cpp). I didn't update the
cygwin makefiles, so it can primarly be compiled with MSVC6. An OSX Project
Builder (free Apple developper tool) should also follow.

The file ? http://mukoli.free.fr/matroska/libmatroska.v0.0.2.zip

The main goal now is to make the first beta of libmatroska, ie being able to mux
audio and video, and play it back.

> What extension do we agree on now ?

The latest vote result is for mka/mkv :'(

BTW, for matroska containing only attachements, it should be mkr... It would
look nicer with kar (similar in possibilities to tar files : a collection of
files not compressed).
http://matroska.org