[matroska-general] Re: [UCI-Devel] CVS updated (Doxygen documentation added..)

ChristianHJW christian.hj.wiesner at web.de
Mon Jan 20 23:59:32 CET 2003

Hi all,

thanks for the work Attila, its very important for the UCI project that
there is some progress visible to the outside world. Unfortunately, as UCI
and MCF/matroska are closely related in people's minds and XipH people are
shooting from all guns against matroska as being an 'unnecessary' thing (
Ogg is already here they say ) it happened recently that UCI all of a sudden
came into the fireline also.

There was some badmouthing about the UCI project as a result of that,
fortunately mainly on some IRC channels without huge public attention. Some
people there were calling the project dead, so its of very high value to be
able to show UCI is alive !!

BTW : If any of you UCI project developers feel like matroska people should
stop bringing UCI in relation to our project ( its listed as our standard
codec API in all my different signatures on webboards and mailing lists )
please tell us. We would understand, as there is no reason why you should
have to suffer from matroska being targeted from Xiph people currently.

Regards

Christian