[matroska-general] Re: New picture filtering software

Christian HJ Wiesner christian.hj.wiesner at web.de
Sat Jan 18 11:35:20 CET 2003

JohnV(11:20 AM) :
Well, the filtering was created in 5 minutes..
The software is truely great, instead of just applying "generic" noice
reduction, you first build noise profile, by taking "noise samples" from
the picture.
JohnV(11:21 AM) :
Then you do the filtering using the profile.
ChristianHJW(11:22 AM) :
Hmmm ... sounds interesting. I sent a message to matroska-devel about
it, so the guys know
JohnV(11:22 AM) :
here are some more examples:
http://www.neatimage.com/examples.html

The girl was mine though, and because of the demo, i had to save it
again as jpeg, so it's not ideal. Anyway, the noise redcution is highly
configurable also.
ChristianHJW(11:23 AM) :
Looking forward to get this as an avisynth script .. lol
JohnV(11:23 AM) :
:B
JohnV(11:24 AM) :
It's not very fast... because it really is quite advanced despite of the
name.. :B
JohnV(11:25 AM) :
anyway, I was reading usened and web, and many reviews, and everywhere
this software came up..
JohnV(11:26 AM) :
If you test the demo, read this step-by-step guide. It gives you very
quickly an idea how it works.
http://www.neatimage.com/howto.html
JohnV(11:28 AM) :
you first select a larger area for "rough noise analyzer". Then you
select smaller areas to fine tune the noise equalizer.
It creates the profile according to these samples. Then you can save the
profile, or tweak it in many ways, and of course apply after you have
previewed and happy.

http://matroska.org