[matroska-general] Matroska in Adobe products / make Matroska a legal entity

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Feb 28 10:51:53 CET 2003

I just saw this news :
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2003-02-27-008-26-NW-SW-DV

Adobe uses Qt to develop a public software. That means they are aware of the
QPl/GPL dual license and how to ask for another license for closed-source products.

Since we use the same license, it's legally possible that someday Adobe will
license libmatroska to us (to use in Adobe Premiere ?). That would be great.

BTW, that makes me think that we have to settle a legal organisation that will
collect founds and handle the licensing things around matroska. (library, logo,
etc). Christian and myself have no possibility to do this in the short term. Do
any of you feel confortable to do this ? We need a non profit organisation,
where Christian myself and this third person (and maybe others) will be running
the thing. I don't think the country where it will be settle is really
important. We just need something cheap... Or maybe a small company run in
Delaware (like CoreCodec) would do ?