[matroska-general] libmatroska license

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Feb 17 16:10:32 CET 2003

I'm not sure it has been announced publicly yet, so here it is :

Ingo Ralf Blum has agreed to change the files where he's the copyright owner to
dual QPL/GPL license. So now all sources of libmatroska and libebml can be used
with this license. I have changed the copyright notice in the files he's the
copyright owner.

So that's a pending (big) problem solved :) We can now make the code public.

When we'll have a legal entity for matroska (matroska.org sounds like a good
official name), I'll "give" my copy rights on the source code to that
organisation, so that it can deal with rights (and maybe sell the code to be
integrated in closed source systems).

(I hope Ingo will agree to do the same, or we'll have to recode a part of what
he did, namely the IO system)
http://matroska.org