[matroska-general] Re: Message to the C porting team

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at wiesneronline.net
Mon Feb 17 18:49:24 CET 2003

Shailesh L Mistry wrote:

>Hi Animesh,
>

>>while Sailesh has not been able to get in touch with me or santiago,..
>>

>Apologies for not getting in touch, I misread the last email from Christian,
>I was waiting for your email to tell me what needs doing first. I have been
>in touch with Christian just to say that I could not access the old email
>archive but I am starting to work my way through them now via the news
>reader.
>
>As for my C, I have been doing C commercially for the last 6 years, with
>another 8 years previously in academia so just say the word and we can jump
>in on the coding. I have downloaded the latest source but I am unsure what
>parts (or is it all) that needs converting to C?
>
>I look forward to working with you all.
>
>Shelly
>
>http://matroska.org

Hi Shelly !!

Great to hear you could help us here, its an exciting phase we are in,
there are improvements done almost every day, and i never would have
believed we get working muxing tools for Linux almost the same time as
we do for Windows. Mosu is a wizzard, and he has proven this by making
the lib compile even on older GCC versions in world record time, and
creating a basic muxer tool based on it pretty fast !

Mosu, could you please take the time now to tell the C porting team

- what the best solution would be
   * complete C port
   * C wrapper
   * basic C API

and what parts of the current libmatroska you needed first to get a
mplayer plugin on the way ?

Shelly, please contact Animesh directly, as he will be the coordinator
and project leader for the porting job ( he was first :P ! ). Hopefully
after mosu tells us what to do you both can start cooperating, based on
Ainmesh' work.

BTW, about a timeline for the porting : everything being within 8 weeks
from now would be fine for me ! Other opinions welcome ...

Christian

http://matroska.org